Genesis 4-7 covers Cain and Abel, the genealogy from Adam to Noah, and the life of Noah up to the flood.
If I could meet anyone listed in the genealogies I would want to meet Enoch. I would ask him about his relationship with God and how God took him away. I would love to watch how he interacted with God and the people around him on a daily basis. As far as I know, Enoch and Elijah are the only people to ever be taken to heaven without dying. I long for that kind of closeness with God, and at the same time I fear it. I know that I would have to give up a lot of my comforts and habits. I know if I gave God all of my life I would not regret it but the selfish sinful me can't seem to give up the completely pointless human pleasures. I really desire a life of meaning but I can't seem to give up the meaningless.
Lord help me to give up my sinful self and put on your righteousness. I don't want my world to have to fall apart before I cling to you. Draw me closer precious Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment